Most Used Software

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Most Used Software

Post by Darkwing on 2010-12-06, 12:57

So yeah, what software do people use on a regular basis that they have on their computer? Don't list every piece of software you have, just the ones you use frequently.

For me I use:
Google Chrome
Firefox
iTunes
iPhoto
Preview
Quicktime
Final Cut Express 4
Animation: Master V15
LiveType
Magix Music Maker 15
CeltX

_________________


avatar
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 17810
Age : 26
Location : Everywhere
Registration date : 2007-10-13

http://www.flashtrek-tuf.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Most Used Software

Post by leewatson1 on 2010-12-06, 14:10

Itunes
MSN live messenger
Firefox
install wizard Razz
games alot of games!
avatar
leewatson1
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Male Number of posts : 3432
Age : 23
Location : In the cookie jar
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Most Used Software

Post by Shemuel on 2010-12-06, 14:19

Open Office
Firefox (Chrome used sometimes, for larger objects like TV programs)
Autohotkey
Foxit (.PDFs)

Security & Maintenance
Avira Antivir
CCleaner
Malwarebyte's

Shemuel
Captain
Captain

Male Number of posts : 10418
Age : 25
Registration date : 2007-12-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Most Used Software

Post by JPB18 on 2010-12-06, 16:15

Browser (I use Firefox, IE, Chrome and Opera, since I'm now learning web programing at programing languages);
Windows Live Messenger
Windows Media Player
Microsoft Office 2007
Game Booster
Starcraft 2
Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
NFS: World
Battlefield 2

And that's all...

_________________
[quote="Thingy"]Awww... Here i was hoping for to see some quick barbecue followed by a good pounding... [/quote]

PlayOgg


avatar
JPB18
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 5475
Age : 23
Location : At atlantis searching for the ultimate weapon! Ok.. I'm in Azeitão, Portugal...
Registration date : 2008-05-15

http://joaopedroborrego.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Most Used Software

Post by Darkjedi on 2010-12-06, 19:34

Firefox

Urban Terror (best free fps ever. Though I've recently decided to give it up. addiction....)

Bash terminal

Nautilus (file browser. But i wish it was the ship.)

Focus Writer

Nano (terminal based text editor. I'm too lazy to learn vim)

Gnome-do (makes me so much more productive)

Totem Movie Player (I actually use it to listen to music)


avatar
Darkjedi
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 9267
Age : 25
Location : Facility for the Criminally Insane
Registration date : 2007-11-22

http://www.subzeroinferno.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Most Used Software

Post by JPB18 on 2010-12-06, 19:37

Darkjedi wrote:
Urban Terror


Oh, you play UT? I also used to play it a few time ago. and I have a couple of friends who still play it...

_________________
[quote="Thingy"]Awww... Here i was hoping for to see some quick barbecue followed by a good pounding... [/quote]

PlayOgg


avatar
JPB18
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 5475
Age : 23
Location : At atlantis searching for the ultimate weapon! Ok.. I'm in Azeitão, Portugal...
Registration date : 2008-05-15

http://joaopedroborrego.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Most Used Software

Post by Darkjedi on 2010-12-06, 19:38

Yeah, WTF and OK gamers clan.

You?

I'm an sr8 whore.
avatar
Darkjedi
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 9267
Age : 25
Location : Facility for the Criminally Insane
Registration date : 2007-11-22

http://www.subzeroinferno.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Most Used Software

Post by JPB18 on 2010-12-06, 19:41

I never actually participated on a clan. I was just playing for fun with my friends.

Well... I kinda hated the SR-8. I prefered the G-36.

_________________
[quote="Thingy"]Awww... Here i was hoping for to see some quick barbecue followed by a good pounding... [/quote]

PlayOgg


avatar
JPB18
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 5475
Age : 23
Location : At atlantis searching for the ultimate weapon! Ok.. I'm in Azeitão, Portugal...
Registration date : 2008-05-15

http://joaopedroborrego.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Most Used Software

Post by Darkjedi on 2010-12-06, 19:43

They're both good for different situations.

But, if you pop around a corner with a g36, I'll kill you with an sr8 before you can even take aim. (sr8 whore)
avatar
Darkjedi
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 9267
Age : 25
Location : Facility for the Criminally Insane
Registration date : 2007-11-22

http://www.subzeroinferno.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Most Used Software

Post by JPB18 on 2010-12-06, 19:51

Darkjedi wrote:They're both good for different situations.

But, if you pop around a corner with a g36, I'll kill you with an sr8 before you can even take aim. (sr8 whore)

Probably, I'm not that good ya know Razz

I also get along with the AK equiped with the pointer and also with the LR300.

EDIT: Oh, and there's also one that I like a lot. The NEGEV! XD

Somehow I always liked heavy weapons like that on games. Although, they're harder to control, they're also the coolest, IMO.

_________________
[quote="Thingy"]Awww... Here i was hoping for to see some quick barbecue followed by a good pounding... [/quote]

PlayOgg


avatar
JPB18
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 5475
Age : 23
Location : At atlantis searching for the ultimate weapon! Ok.. I'm in Azeitão, Portugal...
Registration date : 2008-05-15

http://joaopedroborrego.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Most Used Software

Post by Darkjedi on 2010-12-06, 19:58

Lr300 is quite good.

But, the biggest question is weather you prefer the LR or the M4?

They're almost identical, except the m4 is more accurate on the first shot than the LR. The LR becomes more accurate after the first shot. Plus, it sounds like it shoots faster. (scarier, but same fire rate as LR)

Also, for pistols, DE or the Beretta?

(I use the DE just because it pounds the crap out of people in close/medium range. Though, if you miss just a bit, you're screwed. Only 7 shots in a clip.. and you usually have to spam em, so yeah, it has a downside.)

Edit: Yes! Negev!! I love that! Barely anyone seems to use it though, idk why. You just have to stay back a bit, but it's worth it.
avatar
Darkjedi
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 9267
Age : 25
Location : Facility for the Criminally Insane
Registration date : 2007-11-22

http://www.subzeroinferno.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Most Used Software

Post by JPB18 on 2010-12-06, 20:01

Darkjedi wrote:Lr300 is quite good.

But, the biggest question is weather you prefer the LR or the M4?

They're almost identical, except the m4 is more accurate on the first shot than the LR. The LR becomes more accurate after the first shot. Plus, it sounds like it shoots faster. (scarier, but same fire rate as LR)

Also, for pistols, DE or the Beretta?

(I use the DE just because it pounds the crap out of people in close/medium range. Though, if you miss just a bit, you're screwed. Only 7 shots in a clip.. and you usually have to spam em, so yeah, it has a downside.)

Edit: Yes! Negev!! I love that! Barely anyone seems to use it though, idk why. You just have to stay back a bit, but it's worth it.

Beretta. I only use the pistol as last resort, cause I perfer throwing knives.

And the Negev. Don't forget to duck, or you're gonna shoot everyone but your target.

_________________
[quote="Thingy"]Awww... Here i was hoping for to see some quick barbecue followed by a good pounding... [/quote]

PlayOgg


avatar
JPB18
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 5475
Age : 23
Location : At atlantis searching for the ultimate weapon! Ok.. I'm in Azeitão, Portugal...
Registration date : 2008-05-15

http://joaopedroborrego.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Most Used Software

Post by A-BIack_Man on 2010-12-06, 21:01

iTunes
Steam
Microsoft office- probably the most used nowadays
malwarebytes, it is nice
LoL launcher

_________________
Although I cannot move and I have to speak through a computer, in my mind I am free
Stephen Hawking
avatar
A-BIack_Man
Moderator
Moderator

Male Number of posts : 1166
Age : 25
Location : Just...there
Registration date : 2009-04-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Most Used Software

Post by Gnatsirt269 on 2010-12-06, 21:54

Firefox
Gimp
Windows Media Player
Microsoft Frontpage
Microsoft Works
CCleaner
Malware Bytes
Microsoft Security Essentials
A few games in there too...
avatar
Gnatsirt269
Ensign
Ensign

Male Number of posts : 503
Age : 23
Location : Mass
Registration date : 2009-02-13

http://cyforumia.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Most Used Software

Post by leewatson1 on 2010-12-07, 04:51

Gnatsirt269 wrote:
Microsoft Security Essentials

You do understand microsoft security provides almost no protection.
avatar
leewatson1
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Male Number of posts : 3432
Age : 23
Location : In the cookie jar
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Most Used Software

Post by JPB18 on 2010-12-07, 06:09

leewatson1 wrote:
Gnatsirt269 wrote:
Microsoft Security Essentials

You do understand microsoft security provides almost no protection.

Actually is one of the best freeware anti-malware programs out there...

_________________
[quote="Thingy"]Awww... Here i was hoping for to see some quick barbecue followed by a good pounding... [/quote]

PlayOgg


avatar
JPB18
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 5475
Age : 23
Location : At atlantis searching for the ultimate weapon! Ok.. I'm in Azeitão, Portugal...
Registration date : 2008-05-15

http://joaopedroborrego.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Most Used Software

Post by Darkjedi on 2010-12-07, 23:45

JPB18 wrote:
Darkjedi wrote:Lr300 is quite good.

But, the biggest question is weather you prefer the LR or the M4?

They're almost identical, except the m4 is more accurate on the first shot than the LR. The LR becomes more accurate after the first shot. Plus, it sounds like it shoots faster. (scarier, but same fire rate as LR)

Also, for pistols, DE or the Beretta?

(I use the DE just because it pounds the crap out of people in close/medium range. Though, if you miss just a bit, you're screwed. Only 7 shots in a clip.. and you usually have to spam em, so yeah, it has a downside.)

Edit: Yes! Negev!! I love that! Barely anyone seems to use it though, idk why. You just have to stay back a bit, but it's worth it.

Beretta. I only use the pistol as last resort, cause I perfer throwing knives.

And the Negev. Don't forget to duck, or you're gonna shoot everyone but your target.
LOL yeah. And you throw knives? Interesting. I've never even screwed with them much. Is the damage good?
avatar
Darkjedi
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 9267
Age : 25
Location : Facility for the Criminally Insane
Registration date : 2007-11-22

http://www.subzeroinferno.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Most Used Software

Post by Leach54 on 2010-12-08, 00:05

Chrome

Zune

Gimp

Windows File Browser

IDLE (Python programming language)

FileZilla

Notepad++

XAMPP (web serving software)

Open Office


Oh, And JPB if you are looking for a good book or need some help with PHP (if that is what you are learning) I am fluents and helpful

_________________

"Would it be cheaper to fly to California and then take the train to Hawaii?"
avatar
Leach54
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Male Number of posts : 1074
Age : 23
Location : Over the rainbow
Registration date : 2009-03-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Most Used Software

Post by Gnatsirt269 on 2010-12-08, 12:30

leewatson1 wrote:
Gnatsirt269 wrote:
Microsoft Security Essentials

You do understand microsoft security provides almost no protection.



Its worked great for me. A computer Techy suggested it to me.


avatar
Gnatsirt269
Ensign
Ensign

Male Number of posts : 503
Age : 23
Location : Mass
Registration date : 2009-02-13

http://cyforumia.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Most Used Software

Post by leewatson1 on 2010-12-08, 15:04

Gnatsirt269 wrote:
leewatson1 wrote:
Gnatsirt269 wrote:
Microsoft Security Essentials

You do understand microsoft security provides almost no protection.



Its worked great for me. A computer Techy suggested it to me.



computer techys no nothing, well they do but the ones as PC world don't, said i needed a new computer i just hit it and it worked Razz
avatar
leewatson1
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander

Male Number of posts : 3432
Age : 23
Location : In the cookie jar
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Most Used Software

Post by Darkjedi on 2010-12-08, 16:34

Well, some "techies" you see at the stores like best buy and pc world know what they're talking about. Others do not. Many of them just got their training from the company they work for, meaning that they used they're probably biased and 3rd party corporate funded. (crackersoft probably pays their asses me thinks.)

When I bought a PC at best buy, and started sounding the least bit technologically literate, they had to bring someone in directly from the geek squad. (The sales people are noobs that believe what they read, instead of trying it out themselves and doing research.)

note: geek squad people have more training, and are typically not idiots. I actually don't mind talking to them.
avatar
Darkjedi
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 9267
Age : 25
Location : Facility for the Criminally Insane
Registration date : 2007-11-22

http://www.subzeroinferno.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Most Used Software

Post by Darkwing on 2010-12-08, 16:42

Yeah, Geek Squad is actually pretty good. I bought my Macbook from Best Buy and their Geek Squad guy was quite knowledgeable and very helpful. Must say I became a fan of Best Buy that day. Future Shop however is not so good. Their people have no idea what they're talking about and their stupid commission thing always has them asking you if you need help. It's rather annoying and I dislike going there if i don't have too

_________________


avatar
Darkwing
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 17810
Age : 26
Location : Everywhere
Registration date : 2007-10-13

http://www.flashtrek-tuf.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Most Used Software

Post by Irish Devil on 2010-12-08, 19:21

JPB18 wrote:
leewatson1 wrote:
Gnatsirt269 wrote:
Microsoft Security Essentials

You do understand microsoft security provides almost no protection.

Actually is one of the best freeware anti-malware programs out there...
I prefer using SuperAntiSpyware, its free and actually worked when the conficker attacked!

otherwise
Firefox
steam
itunes
my costum linux OS
avatar
Irish Devil
Ensign
Ensign

Male Number of posts : 336
Age : 20
Location : Gliese 581D
Registration date : 2008-12-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Most Used Software

Post by JPB18 on 2010-12-09, 14:18

Darkjedi wrote:
JPB18 wrote:
Darkjedi wrote:Lr300 is quite good.

But, the biggest question is weather you prefer the LR or the M4?

They're almost identical, except the m4 is more accurate on the first shot than the LR. The LR becomes more accurate after the first shot. Plus, it sounds like it shoots faster. (scarier, but same fire rate as LR)

Also, for pistols, DE or the Beretta?

(I use the DE just because it pounds the crap out of people in close/medium range. Though, if you miss just a bit, you're screwed. Only 7 shots in a clip.. and you usually have to spam em, so yeah, it has a downside.)

Edit: Yes! Negev!! I love that! Barely anyone seems to use it though, idk why. You just have to stay back a bit, but it's worth it.

Beretta. I only use the pistol as last resort, cause I perfer throwing knives.

And the Negev. Don't forget to duck, or you're gonna shoot everyone but your target.
LOL yeah. And you throw knives? Interesting. I've never even screwed with them much. Is the damage good?

You see, it does as much damage as if you actually stab him, instead of throwing them...

_________________
[quote="Thingy"]Awww... Here i was hoping for to see some quick barbecue followed by a good pounding... [/quote]

PlayOgg


avatar
JPB18
Commander
Commander

Male Number of posts : 5475
Age : 23
Location : At atlantis searching for the ultimate weapon! Ok.. I'm in Azeitão, Portugal...
Registration date : 2008-05-15

http://joaopedroborrego.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Most Used Software

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum